Utilitario Mexicano is a partnership of Libia Moreno and Enrique Arellano, dedicated to searching, choosing and selecting Mexican objects: useful and beautiful tool that have traditionally been part of Mexican life. It is an endless search for utensils and objects in danger of extinction that make up a collection of "creole" artifacts, somewhere between the industrial and the artisan.
- Color: grey
- Materials: volcanic stone
- Care: Always wash using only hot water and a brush. avoid using soap and detergents. Dry with a paper towel before storage. Suitable for stove, oven, and direct fire. NOT Suitable for the microwave or dishwasher. Always keep inside freezer.
- First use, preparation, and seasoning
- Firmly wash the mortar & pestle inside and outside using a brush or sponge with hot water and soap. Allow to naturally dry out completely.
- Portion out a small amount of raw white rice and thick salt to get a fine dust. Do it by rotating the utensil onto the base as if you are applying force while kneading bread. Continue rotating until the interior pourous surface of the mortar & pestle is covered.
- Wash using only water and then leave the stone to dry naturally.
Diameter: 5.11in / 13cm
Height: 2.55in / 6.5cm
Weight: 2lb / 32oz
Diamter: 7.08in / 18cm
Height: 2.95in / 7.5cm
Weight: 5.07lb / 81.12oz
Diameter: 8.26in / 21cm
Height: 3.54in / 9cm
Weight: 7.71lb / 123.36oz
USA & Canada: Free shipping on orders over $99